Archive for april, 2013
1. Why trendspotters should play table tennis
2. Love Boat commercial video feeds anti Shitvertising
3. Theatre vs. Organic food: Flowers from my Mother’s Garden
4. Can Google write the design code and compete with Apple?
5. 2 of the 33 best tech entrepreneurs in Sweden
6. Apple growth slows
7. Why Microsoft was forced to improve its defense skills
8. Chew on an superb book review of Sharkonomics in Bizsugar
9. The Sharkonomics tour whetted American appetites
10. Tablet War Week: Will look small if Facebook jumps in the water
This week, together with my friend (and entrepreneur) Per Nilsson, I went to the 33 List – an entrepreneur competition with the purpose to spot new tech talent. An excellent evening arranged by magazines Ny Teknik and Affärsvärlden. There was a lot of talent, energy and knowledge both on and off stage.
Here are my personal favorites among the top 33 tech entrepreneurs in Sweden – the ones with that WOW magic:
It will be very interesting to follow their journey going forward.
Check out Sol Voltaics powerful video.
The most fun innovation was ScoreCleaner (a must for all music lovers).
Bad business spread like fire online, Monsanto vs. Mother Earth:
Monsanto and Co. are at it again. These profit-hungry biotech companies have found a way to gain exclusive control over the seeds of life – the source of our food. They’re trying to patent away varieties of our everyday vegetables and fruits like cucumber, broccoli and melons, forcing growers to pay them for seed and risk being sued if they don’t.
In just 36 hours more I think they will reach over 2 million people to sign up.
Thanks to Carin B-A for sending this.
Andy Watson, Jeff Sluka, Josh Neilson, Paul Curwen and Stefan Engeseth talk to Sonia Sly about courting fear, an industry that capitalises on our love of being scared stiff, and why we buy into invisible threats.
Radio New Zealand (listen online).
Thanks to hero Jack Yan.